- Create a new Page.( In my example I created a “Wiki” Page inside my “Site Pages” library.I inserted a header Called “Latest News“)
- Open the page using “SharePoint Designer“
So my goal is to change the “&Source” Parameter.
- Insert a new Display Item form
- Select your Display Item Form and click “Add/Remove Columns” button in the ribbon.this will brings the “Edit Column” window
- Remove unnecessary columns.in my example I used “Title” and “Content” Column
- Sort using “Id” to show latest Contents (this is not mandatory.You can skip this step)
- Find “<xsl:template name=”dvt_1.rowview”>” tag
- Change the table data (<td>) content like below .
- Select the Display Item Form and click on Parameter button.this will open the Data View Parameter Window
- Create a new Parameter called “Source” and for the “Default Value” give your redirect page url.in my example im redirect to my home page and click ok ..
- Add our new parameter at the end of your column url.in my example it’s “Title” column url.
- Save and Close Your Page. That’s it this is how my page looks like
- This is my new Display item Form Url “http://spfoundation/Lists/News/DispForm.aspx?ID=1&Source=http://spfoundation” previously it like this